For our first collection, The Worthy Collection, all of the pieces are made in linen. Linen wasn’t a fabric that I was too familiar with and I didn’t own any linen clothing up until about a couple years ago when I started sewing.
The main reason I stayed away from it was because of how much it wrinkles… but over time I’ve learned to love the wrinkles and the lived-in look of this beautiful natural fabric.
There’s really so many reasons to love linen and here’s some of my top few:
- It’s a natural fiber and one of the most sustainable fabrics as the flax plant doesn’t need much water for it to grow and is biodegradable.
- The fibers are very strong making linen clothing very durable and long lasting
- It keeps you cool in warmer weather and warm in cooler weather
- It’s hypo-allergenic and antibacterial
- The more you wash it and wear it the softer it gets
The linen that is used for the first collection is a made from 100% European Flax fibers and has an antique washed finish, making it nice and soft from the start. It’s also Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified meaning it’s free from harmful chemicals and substances that are typically used when fabric and clothing is being processed.
What’s your thoughts on linen? If you don’t love it yet I’ll keep working on giving you reasons too :)
The Worthy Collection is now available for pre-order! View the collection.